1. I always wanted to be a park ranger. I majored in Biology, but looking back (because hindsight is always better, right?), I should have double majored in Art. And what did I end up with as a career? Science education.
2. I was supposed to go to college in Colorado, but sort of at the last minute I changed my mind and attended Illinois College. My mom’s alma mater as well. And will be my son’s too.
3. Many years ago I received a subpoena to testify hearing for a DUI case involving a local guy. Later I married the arresting officer. We’ve been married almost 24 years despite the threat to find us in contempt of court for the flirting outside the courtroom!
4. I’m an only child and I didn’t mind it at all.
5. My dream house would be in the mountains.
Rocky Mountain National Park
6. I love riding on the back of my husband’s Harley.
2013 Headed home from South Dakota.
7. I can play the violin (but not very well anymore).
8. I’m a whiskey girl. Scotch or bourbon. Either is good. But Redbreast is delicious.
9. There are too many books and too little time. I’m a voracious reader.
One of many.
10. I was pretty much ambidextrous as a kid. Teachers made me choose. So I write right handed but do many other things left handed. And am left eye dominant which my eye doc says probably makes me genetically a lefty.
11. I’m a Chicago Blackhawks fan.
2013 First game of the Stanley Cup playoffs
12. I think a winery is a perfect place to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Spirit Knob Winery, Ursa, IL
13. Without my husband to keep me in check, I would probable be a “crazy cat lady”.
My “Betsy Boo”.
14. I am fascinated by old abandoned houses and barns.
An abandoned house in Greene County, Illinois.
15. I love country music and the radio station in my car rarely moves from The Highway.